How to access advice

The way in which you access advice in Brent changed in May 2016.

We are now working together with Citizens Advice Brent and AgeUK Brent to offer comprehensive generalist and specialist advice.

If you are having problems with benefits, debt, employment, housing, immigration, community care or a public body, you may be able to find the solution through:

The website will take you through your issue in plain English and easy-to-understand steps in order to provide you with advice regarding your situation and steps you should take.

Where you are unable to resolve your problem using Brent Advice Matters, you will be given the opportunity to complete an enquiry form to receive further advice.

Alternatively, you can contact or drop into Citizens Advice Brent who will take your details and conduct a brief assessment of your problem and, where specialist legal advice is needed, refer you to the Law Centre. We will then give you a call back within 72 hours (or sooner if the matter is urgent) to advise you and, where relevant, book an appointment to see us face to face.

Please do not attend the Law Centre without an appointment as we will not be able to see you.

We are unfortunately unable to assist everyone who needs help. Where we cannot help you we will do our best to refer you to someone who can.